To ensure delivery before Christmas, please check the date below relevant to your area and delivery method.
AREAS AUSTRALIA POST PREMIUM NSW/ACT/QLD/VIC METROPOLITAN 14th December 19th December NSW/ACT/QLD/VIC REGIONAL 13th December 14th December SA/TAS METROPOLITAN 12th December 14th December SA/TAS REGIONAL 10th December 14th December WA/NT METROPOLITAN 10th December 11th December WA/NT REGIONAL 6th December 7th December
Shipment & Delivery Information
Your order can be delivered to anywhere throughout Australia by either standard (road) freight or premium (express) delivery.
Standard/Road Freight: 2 - 5 working days*
Under $70 $9 $70+ Free
Premium/Express Freight: Next working day Selected Metro Areas orders placed before 2:45pm (EDST), 2-3 days for other areas*
Please contact us if you need to check whether Next Day delivery applies to your area 1800 022 888.
Flat Rate $16 $100+ Free 12/12/2018 - 19/12/2018
*Freight delivery times stated are for average volume items with total order weight under 5kg for metro areas in eastern states. Additional delivery time may result for some deliveries. Please allow extra time for delivery to western states. Premium freight is not available on oversized or bulky items. Contact the Techstore should you require more details.
• Goods cannot be delivered to a post office box via an express courier service. If shipping to a PO Box you must select standard delivery during checkout.
• Company policy is that we do not under any circumstances issue instructions to our couriers to leave deliveries unattended when no one is at the delivery location
• For unusually large or bulky orders our customer service staff may contact you if any additional freight costs are needed.
Transit Goods Insurance
If you wish to insure, it will cost $1 for every $100 value or PART THEREOF. In other words if your order is for $145.00 the insurance will be $2.00. This insurance covers goods DAMAGED in transit. We do not automatically insure unless you specify it during the checkout. If you don't select insurance you are NOT insured.
We deliver to parcel lockers around Australia.
A multi-purpose GPS tracking device for auto enthusiast diagnostics, fleet management or vehicle security. This clever device connects and powers directly from the vehicle's OBD-II port and can SMS you DTC Trouble codes directly from your cars computer, assisting you to diagnose vehicle issues remotely or from the seat of your car.
With the use of an activated SIM card (not included) data can be transmitted over the GSM network and viewed online using a web browser. View vehicle position on Google® Maps, speed, movement. Smartphones can also be alerted when the car drives outside a pre-set boundary, called geo-fence.
There are no installation or on-going tracking charges. You only pay for the GSM SIM card and service. Up to 28 can be used simultaneously if you have a fleet of vehicles.
Note: Most post 1998 vehicles will feature an OBDII port
• Plug and play
• OBD-II plug interface
• 3D G-force sensor
• Fuel consumption
• Over speed alarm & alert
• Driving behaviour
• Powered directly from OBD-II port
• Data Usage: 0.07KB every 30 second upload interval
• Normal operating temperature: -20 to +55°C
• Restricted operating temperature: -35 to +70°C
• GSM Frequency: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
• GSM & GPS Antenna: Built-in
• GPS Channels: 32
• Locate Accuracy: 5 ~ 10m
• GPS Start Time: 1sec (Hot start), 36sec (Cold start)
• Standby current: 1 - 2mA
• Tracking current: 35mA
• Operating voltage: 12 - 32VDC
• Charge voltage: 5V
• Battery: 800mAh Li-ion
• Dimensions: 55(L) x 25(W) x 50(H)mm, weight: 80g
• Approx 0.10Kb every upload interval
• Approx usage over 24h 300Kb set at 30sec intervals.
Note: Because manufacturers do not all use the same data transmission protocols, the scan tool must be programmed to recognize which one is being used. Fortunately, there has been some standardization, but we're not down to one transmission protocol for all, hence OBD II scan tools can encounter compatibility problems and some vehicle may not be able to report DTC trouble codes.