Refer: Silicon Chip Magazine October 2013
Like modern cars, this kit will turn your car headlights on automatically if you forget to turn the lights on when it gets dark. It can also turn the lights off when you park to avoid a flat battery.
• Works with incandescent or halogen lights (May work with other types of light with daytime running lights disabled but this has not been tested)
• Suits majority of vehicles made in the last 25 years without automatic lights (lights switched on high side)
• Optional daytime running lights
• Adjustable light sensitivity
• Adjustable switch-off delay
• Adjustable daytime running brightness from zero up to nearly full brightness
• Under-voltage cut-out, to prevent battery over-discharge and to allow engine starting in cold weather/with a weak battery
• 25kHz PWM drive with EMI filtering to minimize radio interference
• Optional `leaving home' feature turns lights on for 30 seconds (adjustable) after doors unlocked (requires central locking)
• Optional `coming home' feature leaves lights on for 30 seconds (adjustable) after ignition is switched off
• Warning buzzer to indicate if lights have been left on (optional - buzzer included)
• Virtually no battery drain with lights and ignition off
• Protected against load dumps and other voltage spikes
• Can drive external relay for separately wired tail or instrument lamps
• Operating voltage: 11.5-15V DC
• Operating current: approximately 30mA
• Quiescent current: typically Total light power: 1-12A, 12-150W nominal (up to 175W @ 14.4V)
• Voltage drop: typically Dissipation: typically
• Kit supplied with double sided, solder-masked and screen-printed PCB, die-cast case (111 x 60 x 30mm), buzzer and electronic components. Cabling not included.
Note: Some SMD soldering required.