Never used C before? Well if you've used Arduino, you've used C. The language the Arduino uses is just a slightly modified version of C. Becoming fluent in C programming is key to developing robust and reliable Arduino projects. What's more, pure C can be used to program almost all other microcontrollers too, not to mention your computer. This book starts right from the basics, writing simple programs to run on your pc. And eventually moves on to writing code for microcontrollers.
While this book focuses on Atmel's ARM microcontrollers, the skills are equally valid when programming any architecture.
Ideal for electronic hobbyists, students and engineers wanting to learn to program C.
• Uses only free or open source software
• Learn how to download, set up and use free C programming tools
• No programming experience is necessary
• Learn by doing - type and run the example programs and exercises
• Sample programs and exercises can be downloaded from the Internet
• A fun way to learn the C programming language