Battery Saver Kit for Rechargeable Lithium and SLA Batteries
Refer: Silicon Chip Magazine September 2013
This tiny circuit fits in between the battery and load and cuts off the power when the battery becomes flat to prevent the battery over-discharging and becoming damaged. Suitable for use with cordless power tools, emergency lights, small to medium UPS (up to about 300VA) and a wide variety of other devices.
• Suits most SLA, Li-ion, Li-Po and LiFePO4 batteries between 6 to 24V
• Uses very little power (* Handles 20A continuous, 30A peak (Charge or discharge)
• Cut-off voltage adjustable from 5.25 to 25.5V
• 0.3 - 2V hysteresis, depending on battery type and voltage
• Small PCB to fit in small spaces (38 x 18.5mm)
• Battery can be recharged once cut-out has engaged (maximum 1.5A)
There is also provision for connecting an LED or external buzzer (not included)
Supplied with double sided, soldermasked and screen-printed PCB with SMDs pre-soldered*, voltage setting diodes and resistors, and components.
PCB size: 34 x 18.5mm
*Note: We've pre-soldered all of the surface mount components to save you time and frustration, apart from the three voltage setting resistors.