Finally – a SAFE lithium jump starter!!
Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) is a technology proving to overcome the safety concerns that exist with Lithium ION (Li-ION) and other lithium battery technologies because it is chemically more stable. In particular, LiFePO4 is able to deliver extremely high surge currents without risk of the battery chemistry breaking down (and the battery exploding), holds a charge for a very long time, and is far more stable when exposed to high heat and other environmental conditions. Other lithium batteries (Li-ION and Li-Po) can and will EXPLODE if exposed to high heat, such as the boot of your car on a summer day!
All this translates really well for using LiFePO4 as a jump starter pack, as the same amount of jump start power can be packed into a MUCH smaller package – so small that this jump starter can easily fit in your glove box! Despite the diminutive size, it packs a big jump start punch, with the ability to start some pretty heavy engines such as: a modified 350cu.inch Chevy V8, a 6.0L V8 SS Ute, a 4.0L 6cyl Landcruiser, and a 3.0L diesel Hilux. Being cable to fit in your glove box is even more handy than you think, because there is an LED torch and also a 2.1A USB charging port – so you can use it as a power bank too! Microprocessor controlled with protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, and low battery voltage.
• 12.8V 3Ah LiFePO4 battery
• SAFE Lithium battery technology
• Will work on a flat car battery down to 2.0V
• Computer controlled
• Detachable output leads
• LED battery status indicators
• Mains and car charger included
• LED torch
• Continuous jump start current: >240A
• USB charging output: 5VDC 2.1A
• Operating temperature: -20ºC – 55ºC
• Storage temperature: -20ºC – 70º
• Output lead length: 250mm (per lead)
• Dimensions: 205(L) x 100(W) x 55(H)mm
For More info on Jump Starters