A robust 12V battery charger packed with useful features to safely charge and maintain the life of your batteries. The front control panel allows you to control the battery type being charged (see below for supported types), the desired charge rate, the display mode (current, battery voltage, charge percentage). It will also indicate if there is a battery fault or if the polarity is reversed in which case the charging will immediately stop to protect the battery. Features positive/negative fly leads with clips that are neatly tucked away into a compartment at the rear of the unit.
There are 5 stages of operation:
1. Soft Start - tests the battery condition. A severely discharged battery needs charging with a reduced current until the voltage reaches 12V.
2. Bulk charging - delivers most of the charge (60-80%). The charger delivers maximum current until the terminal voltage has risen to the set level.
3. Absorption - completes the charging up to nearly 100% at a constant voltage. The current tapers off as the battery reaches full capacity.
4. Float - maintenance charging at constant voltage, keeping the battery at 100% charge.
5. Pulse - long term maintenance charging. Cycles the battery between 80 and 100% charge for maximum battery life. The battery receives a pulse, starting a new charge cycle, when voltage drops to set limit. The charger can be connected for months keeping the batteries fresh.
• Short circuit protection
• Voltage compensation
• Overheat protection
• Polarity reversal protection
• Fan cooled
• Faulty battery indicator
• Charging current: 2A (Low rate), 6A (Normal rate) , 10A (High rate)
• Input voltage: 220VAC-240VAC
• Supported battery types: WET/Flooded, GEL, AGM, MF, VRLA, Calcium type Lead Acid rechargeable batteries
Note: the battery is shown for demonstration purposes only and is not included with the purchase of this product.
NOTE: These chargers are not recommended for long-term "maintenance" charging of unsealed lead-acid batteries, the types with removable filler caps and liquid elctrolyte. Long-term continuous float charging of this type of battery may cause loss of water from the electrolyte, ruining the battery. If you are intending to use this charger on these batteries please use an appliance timer such as MS6113 to automatically limit the charging to 30 minutes or so per day.
For More info on Intelligent Chargers and More info on Charging Batteries.