Electronic equipment suppliers are now having to get green. Legislation is being introduced in California and Europe which requires external power supplies to comply with minimum energy efficiency requirements. From July 1st 2006, it will no longer be possible to sell external power supplies which don't comply with these new "Green Power" requirements. With other regulations coming in around the world, it is only a matter of time before these units become the norm.
This 10W 5VDC adapter is the first in what we expect will become a series of these power supplies. Meeting the requirements of Energy Star, the European Commission Code of Conduct, and of course California's new legislation, suppliers of electronic equipment requiring an external power supply can ship their products worldwide without needing to understand the complex new systems.
• Input Voltage: 100 - 240VAC for worldwide use
• Input Current: 0.5A RMS Max
• Input AC Frequency: 47 - 63Hz
• Input Connection: IEC320 C8 socket
• Output Voltage: 5VDC Regulated
• Output Current: 2A
• Output Power Cord: 1.8M long terminated with 2.5mm DC plug (centre positive)
• Power saving state under 0.3W
• Size:75.5(L) x 44.5(W) x 26(H)mm
Approval Number: V05226